An early stage startup in the tourism and hospitality sector is seeking to recruit qualified personnel to grow their operations in Accra, Ghana. See below for requirements.
Title: Operations Manager - Tourism (Accra)
Schedule: Part time - 25 hours a week
Duration: 3 Months
● You have experienced in tourism/hospitality, vacation rentals, car rental or tour
operator in Ghana?
● You are organized, personable, a good negotiator and you enjoy challenges?
● You have experience managing a schedule, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines?
● You have experience writing follow up and activity reports?
● You have an entrepreneurial spirit or you have experience running a business?
Sounds like you? We offer the opportunity to integrate a Startup with high potential focusing
on Tourism and Hospitality solutions for Africa. We are looking for an Operations Manager for
three months with a possibility for future collaboration upon successful completion of the
The candidate will report to the Founder. His/her main responsibilities will be to:
● Identify and create a database of potential service providers that provide rental services
in the following areas
o Furnished housing (Houses, apartments, guest houses)
o Tour guides
● Recruitment of service providers
o Present to individuals the advantage of joining the web platform and conditions
of the partnership
o Negotiate the terms of the partnership
o Verify the identity/qualifications of each service provider
o Visit/ inspect the properties service providers have to offer
● Taking photos/videos of homes, cars and tours.
● Ensuring the quality of the services by making visits to check and validate homes, cars
● Identify exciting tours/activities in Ghana primarily Accra and other primary touristic
● Identify potential project risks and recommend tailored solutions to mitigate risks
● Deliver work on time
● Provide detailed regular reporting of work activities
● Assist with drafting documentation
● Holds a University degree and at least two years of work experience in the areas of
vacation home rentals or the hospitality & tourism sector
● A list of contacts and have a solid knowledge of the city of Accra and its surroundings
● Computer literate including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc ... and be comfortable with the
use of internet and social media platforms
● Proficient with the use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram,
● Preferably speak another European Language besides English such as French/Spanish
● Have knowledge of activities Accra has to offer (culture, arts, gastronomy, leisure etc …)
● You understand the importance of delivering world class customer service experience
● You have traveled or enjoy traveling
If you are up for the challenge please send your resume and a cover letter by email at the
following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be taken into account. The
candidate must be able to submit proof of your degree and proof of job history. Can’t wait to
hear from you!