President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Tuesday, 1st June 2021, sworn into office, a 13-Member Committee for the “Beyond The Return” initiative. The Committee is co-chaired by the Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, and the Minister for Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta.
It has Minister of Roads and Highways, Kwasi Amoako-Atta and Coordinator and CEO, Ghana Tourism Authority Akwasi Agyeman amongst its members.
“Beyond The Return” is a follow-up to the 2019 “Year of Return” initiative which saw Ghana recording its highest number of international tourists with over 1.1 million arrivals.
President Akufo-Addo is hopeful Beyond the Return “will help intensify our engagement with Africans in the diaspora and all persons of African descent more positively in areas such as trade and investment co-operation, and skills and knowledge development.”
The 10-year long Beyond the Return is hinged on seven pillars including: Experience Ghana, Invest in Ghana, Diaspora Pathways to Ghana and Celebrate Ghana. The rest are Brand Ghana, Give Back to Ghana and Promote Pan African Heritage and Innovation.
Beyond the Return Committee Members
1. Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
2. Hon. Ken Ofori-Atta Ministry of Finance
3. Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Atta Ministry of Roads and Highways
4. Mr. Akwasi Agyeman CEO, Ghana Tourism Authority
5. Mr. Akwasi Awua Ababio Diaspora Affairs, Office of the President
6. Aci. Edith Penelope Arhin Regional Commander for KIA Immigration
7. Madam Stella Appenteng Ghana Tourism Federation
8. Prof. Esi Sutherland – Addy Panafest
9. Mr. Yofi Grant GIPC
10. Mr. Kwame Acheampong Boateng Esq. Private Sector
11. Mr. Reginald D. Laryea Media Majique
12. Mr. Rabbi Kohain Diaspora Coalition
13. Mrs. Worwornyo Agyeman Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration
14. Mr. Dominic Afriyie Agyemang Ministry of Interior
15. To Be Determined GTA Board