The World Tourism Organisation(UNWTO) has unveiled the #MyAfrica campaign to celebrate and encourage the sharing of travel and tourism stories from the continent.
The social media campaign is purposed to create powerful storytelling about Africa through the conveyance of solid messages and emotional stories which will contribute to spreading positive narratives on the region and reposition it as a competitive, attractive, and safe tourism destination in the minds of future travellers.
These stories must also showcase the uniqueness and the diversity of the African continent as well as highlight the immense potential the tourism sector holds to foster the sustainable economic growth of local communities.
The new initiative forms part of the world tourism body’s effort on promoting Africa which it deems critical now more than ever as key to restoring market confidence and build a strong image so as to restart tourism in the continent and accelerate the recovery process of the region from the severe impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The #MyAfrica campaign falls in line with the “Advocating the Brand Africa” which is one of the ten priorities of the UNWTO Agenda for Africa – Tourism for Inclusive Growth.
Participants should answer these 3 questions:
1. Why did you choose to work in tourism or in a field related to tourism?
2. How has tourism helped you grow?
3. In 3 words, describe Africa as a diverse tourist destination.
1. Record a video answering those questions.
2. Write your voice! Send us the transcript of your story.
3. Look into your camera, click and share with us your favourite portrait-pic.
4. Send it to email@example.com with the subject #MyAfrica, stating your name and
country of residence.
Click here to participate