South African Tourism (SA Tourism) CEO, Sisa Ntshona is vacating his post after nearly five years as heard of SA’s main body in charge of tourism promotion.
The Board of South African Tourism in a statement released on Friday, May 21st, 2021 and copied VoyagesAfriq said it has accepted the request by current CEO, Sisa Ntshona, to step down from his position at the helm of the organization at the end of May 2021.
Ntshona’s five-year contract comes to an end on 30 September 2021 and the CEO previously indicated to the South African Tourism Board, that he will not be re-applying for the position.
“Sisa recently approached the Board for an earlier exit as he was presented with a new career opportunity that required him to start much sooner than anticipated,” commented Chairperson of the SA Tourism Board, Siyabonga Dube.
Ntshona was appointed as CEO of SA Tourism for a five-year period in October 2016. Commenting on his time at the organization, Ntshona said the four and a half years were a career highlight for him.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SA Tourism,” said Ntshona.
“I’ve met and worked with amazing people in an industry that contributes in so many ways to the financial wellbeing of South Africans and proud to have played a part in the growth of the industry, notwithstanding the challenges we currently face through the COVID-19,” added Ntshona.
The SA Tourism Board also confirmed that the process to appoint the new CEO is well underway.
“The recruitment process to appoint a new CEO began in February this year and over the last few weeks we have interviewed highly respected individuals who we believe can lead the organization during these challenging times for the industry,” concluded Dube.