JOHANNESBURG – Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank celebrates its opening today, marking the expansion of the Hyatt House brand’s global footprint in markets that matter most to guests and World of Hyatt members. Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is the third Hyatt hotel opened in collaboration with an affiliate of Millat Investments.
“Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is everything the name represents – a welcoming and warm environment that encourages guests to live like residents. We want each and every guest who comes through our doors to feel that they can let their real-life routines roll on, even when they’re on the road,” said Cluster General Manager: Hyatt SA, Asif Raza. “Whether guests are visiting for a short trip or an extended stay, we know Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is the perfect place to offer a personalized hotel experience that will make people feel right at home.”
Because Hyatt’s efforts are grounded in listening and fueled by care, Hyatt House hotels’ apartment-style living is ideal for guests who are looking to continue their work and personal routines, helping business and leisure travelers feel at home. Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is situated in the vibrant suburb of Rosebank, where thriving nightlife, high-end shopping malls, and internationally renowned galleries make it one of the most popular neighborhoods in Johannesburg for tourists and locals alike.
Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank offers:
• 80 guestrooms, including 49 studio guestrooms and 31 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, spacious bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, guestrooms and suites.
• Complimentary breakfast daily for all guests featuring a chef-inspired entrée and a rotating breakfast offering.
• The Collective opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner where guests can experience unique food offerings, featuring trendy and healthy cuisine.
• The H BAR, located alongside the pool deck and features the Sip + Snack Menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week.
• 24-hour H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches.
• Pool deck on the 8th floor, with skyline views of Johannesburg, a perfect backdrop for relaxing, inspiring sun-filled and sunset swims.
• 24-hour Gym to help keep fitness routines going with cardio equipment, free weights, benches, multi-purpose equipment and space to stretch.
• Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors.
• A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 or more consecutive nights.
• Additional services, including self-service guest laundry.
“In addition to the recent opening of Hyatt House Johannesburg Sandton, the opening of Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is another significant milestone in South Africa’s recovering and re-emerging hospitality and tourism sector,” said Hamza Farooqui, Chief Executive Officer of Millat Investments. “With accessible flights now available from key markets, and the rising demand for extended stay travel, the stunning Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank will be a warmly received home-away-from-home for travelers looking to experience the best of South Africa.”
Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is the second Hyatt House property in Africa and Hyatt’s third collaboration with an affiliate of Millat Investments. Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank is the fourth Hyatt-branded hotel in South Africa.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Hyatt House
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests, including World of Hyatt members, as extended stay residents seeking the conveniences of home. Modern, apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas provide guests a stylish and comfortable environment so they can better maintain their work and personal routines while traveling. At more than 120 locations, the Hyatt House brand delivers home-like amenities, neighborly service and upscale spaces, including free hot breakfast for guests with made to order omelets; H Bar with a Sip + Snack menu; and indoor and outdoor communal spaces for productivity or relaxation. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook or Instagram and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company guided by its purpose – to care for people so they can be their best. As of September 30, 2021, Hyatt’s portfolio included more than 1,000 hotel and all-inclusive properties in 69 countries across six continents, and the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group added 96 properties in 10 countries as of November 1, 2021. Hyatt’s offerings include the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination by Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, JdV by Hyatt™, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, UrCove, and Hyatt Residence Club® brands, as well as resort and hotel brands under the AMR™ Collection, including Secrets® Resorts & Spas, Dreams® Resorts & Spas, Breathless® Resorts & Spas, Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts, Alua® Hotels & Resorts, and Sunscape® Resorts & Spas. Hyatt’s subsidiaries operate the World of Hyatt® loyalty program, ALG Vacations®, Unlimited Vacation Club®, Amstar DMC destination management services, and the Trisept Solutions® travel technology platform. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
About Millat Investments
The group is a private family office that uses its own balance sheet to bring entrepreneurial solutions to complex commercial problems. The group has a strong investment portfolio which includes real estate, direct investments, and private equity holdings. It owns flagship assets in South Africa and internationally. It deploys its capital and know-how on assets and sectors it deeply understands. Its sectors of expertise include real estate, hospitality, technology, and financial services.